Computer Objective Question 4
1) Which of the following would most likely NOT be a symptom if a virus ?
Ans:- (B) The CD-ROM stops functioning
2) Compiler is the
Ans:- (C) translator of source program to object
3) Main memory is
Ans:- (A) random access memory
4) Which of the following is the smallest and fastest computer imitating brain working ?
Ans:- (B) quantum computer
5) A compact disc (CD) is data storage of the type
Ans:- (A) magnetic
6) Which of the following is not as language for computer programming?
Ans:- (A) WINDOWS
7) what are the two basic types of memory that your computer uses ?
Ans:- (A) ROM
8) The term gigabyte refers to
Ans:- (C) 1024 megabytes
9) A computer with CPU speed around 100 million instructions per second with the word length of around 64 bits id known as
Ans:- (A)super computer
10) What digits are representative of all binary numbers ?
Ans:- (C) both 'a' and 'b'
11) To locate a data items for storage is
12) Off-line operation is the operation of devices without the control of
Ans:- (B) CPU
13) A type of line printer that uses an embossed steel and to form the letters printed on the paper is
Ans:- (D) Band printer
14) A software used to covert source program instructions to object instruction is known as
Ans:- (D)Language processor
15) The chip, used in computers, is made of
Ans:- (D) silicon
16) Name the first general purpose electronic computer
Ans:- (C) UNIVAC
17) The size of commonly used floppy disk is
Ans:- (B) 3.5''
18) Which of the following statement is wrong ?
Ans:- (B) Linux is owned and sold by Microsoft
19) Operating system of a computer
Ans:- (C) provides a layer user friendly interface
20) The term 'operating system' means
Ans:- (A) a set of programs which control computer working